When Trouble at School Becomes Trouble with Virginia Police

There are certain Virginia school offenses that are crimes and may result in more significant problems than a suspension, expulsion, or other school disciplinary action. As a parent, it is important to be aware of these crimes so that you can understand what your child is facing if he or she is accused of a crime and so that you can contact an experienced Northern Virginia juvenile criminal defense lawyer for help.

School Crimes

There are certain Virginia juvenile offenses that school officials are required to report to law enforcement. These offenses include:

  • Alcohol use, possession, sale, or distribution.
  • Assault and Battery against a staff member or student with or without a weapon.
  • Making a Threat Against the School including a bomb threat, terrorist threat, chemical or biological threat, or setting off a false fire alarm.
  • Drug violations including the use, possession, sale, or distribution of certain drugs.
  • Homicide of a student or staff member with a weapon or firearm.
  • Stalking.
  • Sexual crimes including rape, attempted rape, and sexual battery.
  • Threatening a staff member.
  • Weapons which includes a wide variety of weapons including but not limited to firearms, knives that are three inches or longer, explosives, flare guns, and paintball guns.

Of course, there are other laws that apply to Virginia children and students and the police may also be notified if these laws are broken.

Protect Your Child’s Future by Contacting a Fairfax Juvenile Criminal Defense Lawyer

Juvenile crimes are serious matters that can result in confinement and other penalties that can change the course of your child’s life if you don’t take action. Accordingly, it is important to fight back. It is important for you, your child, and your child’s Northern Virginia juvenile criminal defense attorney to right for justice and for your child’s future. If you are ready to help your child during this difficult time then please contact us today at 703-385-5529 for more information.